Welcome back to the blog. Today we will discuss something I’m passionate about. DIGITAL PRODUCTS. I love the fact that you can create a passive income. Most of us will find articles about how you can make so much money with digital products but don’t know where to start. Don’t stress because I got your back. So, today is all about how you can create a sales funnel for your digital product.
Pin it for later⤵
WHAT IS A DIGITAL PRODUCT
Now and then you will hear people encouraging you to make digital products as a way to make passive income. But the question is what is it and why should I make one as an entrepreneur?
A digital product is any product you sell online that doesn’t have a physical form. You can’t hold a website theme in your hand, smell an e-book, or taste software — although Uber eats comes close.
FIVE DIGITAL PRODUCTS IDEAS:
- Online Course: If you have ever wanted to be an educator this is an obvious choice for you. An online course is just like an in-classroom course except that you teach online via text, video, and audio. You would break it down into modules that your customers can easily follow. You can create digital products that complement your course.
- E-books: These are so popular. If you were to look at my Kindle I have so many e-books. I think they are the best but hey I might be a bit biased on this point. You can write an e-book on any topic you like. What I love about them is that once you complete the product, you don’t have to do any further work apart from marketing your e-book. And that is why you need a sales funnel.
- Templates: If you have been in the online space long you will know that people love templates. For the simple fact that they make life easier for you. I love them. For our Pinterest clients, we know from experience they want Pinterest templates and that is why after a Pinterest strategy call, I send them 10 free Pinterest templates. For the Public Relations clients we have media kit templates and, press release templates.
- Printables: You might create printable agendas, schedules, planners, artwork, scrapbooking assets, or something else entirely.
- Digital Planners: I will be honest I am a bit obsessed with digital planners. I get my planners from Etsy. For maximum productivity, I combine my digital planner with Notion. Your digital planner does not need to be a calendar only. You can make a meal prep digital planner, budgeting digital planner, and so on. Just do your research beforehand.
HOW TO CREATE A PINTEREST LAUNCH FOR YOUR DIGITAL PRODUCT
Before launching remember Pinterest is different from other social media platforms. With Pinterest, we use the term social media loosely. Why? Because Pinterest is more of a visual search engine right after Google and YouTube. Anyone who is on Pinterest, they are looking for a solution to their problem. So, as a creator, your digital should address a problem, offer a solution, and Inspire them in their Pinterest buying journey.
STEP 1: KEYWORD RESEARCH
I think I have mentioned this before but before doing anything with Pinterest marketing make sure you have done your keyword research. My recommendation is when you do your first keyword research create a keyword bank that has all the keywords for your audience. You can create a keyword bank in Google Sheets or Airtable. I use Notion for this too. With keyword research done, you know who your audience is, their problems, how you can inspire them, and also this shapes how you word your sales page or landing page in step 2.
STEP 2: WHY, HOW, AND WHO YOU ARE
Pinterest is not like Instagram or Facebook where most of your audience know you or have some sort of friendship with you. You need to do the groundwork so your potential audience can like and know you. This helps build that trust factor with them. You do this by creating a sales page or landing page for your digital product.
STEP 3: VISUALS
Create amazing visual pins that show what people will get with your digital product. For example, if it’s a budget planner, show one or two pages on the Pinterest pin you create. With Pinterest always make sure that your Pinterest pin tells a story and if it doesn’t then get creative with the text overlay. This is because you want to hook them in but don’t make it clickbait. Your pin should reflect what they will find on your website/ landing page.
STEP 4: STRATEGY
Your Pinterest Marketing Strategy lays out how you will get more people to your digital products. Do you have a Pinterest Business account? Is your Pinterest optimized for search? What are your keywords? Will you use a freebie as an opt-in to your email list? What content will complement your course/printable /planner etc? What is your pinning strategy? What is the goal of Pinterest marketing?
These are a few of the questions you need to answer in your Pinterest marketing strategy.
Creating digital products for your business is a great way to diversify your income. Create them from what your expertise is. If social media is your area people need help with Instagram, Facebook, and Tiktok. Give value to customers by this I mean don’t create them for the money. What products will you create? Let me know I would love to chat.